1. What are cookies
The Website uses ‘cookies’ to make the Website experience better. A “cookie” is a piece of software, which may be sent to your computer. Cookies enable us to collect information about how our Websites and services are being used and to manage them more efficiently.
None of the cookies We use collect your personal information (e.g. names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) and they cannot be used to identify You as an individual. They typically collect anonymous identifiers associated with your device, browser, referring site URLs, time or usage information, Website preferences and settings, etc. (as further provided in this Policy).
We do not, under any circumstance, sell information collected via cookies nor do we pass the information on to anyone else and we do not aggregate cookies with our internal databases in order to identify You as an individual.
2. How to manage cookies
Should you wish to reject all, or certain cookies used by our Website, you may modify your Web browser preferences to do so. If, however, you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use some of the services available on our Website. You may also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. In the case of some mobile devices, it may be necessary to consult the device’s instruction manual to manage cookies effectively. You should note however that if you do so, this may distort the quality of service and data you receive.
Browser-specific cookie guides:
Alternatively, All About Cookies provides advice on how to do this, and further information on cookies and how to manage them.
If you wish to disconnect cookies of specific parties, you can do this through Your Online Choices.
Please note that We aren’t responsible for the content of external websites. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
3. Essential and Non-Essential Cookies
We divide cookies into two main categories namely:
ESSENTIAL COOKIES. These are strictly necessary to ensure that the Website functions in Your everyday use of it or for Us to provide You with the service(s) You expect from Us and for our legitimate business purposes. Cookies used for the sole purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication will also be considered as essential cookies.
NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES. These are not required for the essential functioning of the Site, although they may greatly enhance Your experience of using Our Website.
- assisting new customers during the sign-up process,
- allowing customers set Website preferences
- allowing customers to navigate between pages of the Website more efficiently
- running the functionality of the Website optimally and efficiently
- activating certain features of the Website
- gathering information about customer/User activity on the Website and to understand how it is used
- detecting and prevent fraudulent use of the Website
- tracking how customers/Users, arrive at our Website for internal marketing purposes and to track referrals
- delivering relevant advertising to our customers/Users at the websites and mobile applications
- research and analytical purposes to see who Users interact with the Website in aggregate
5. The cookies we use
If you have questions, comments, requests or complaints about how cookies have been managed by Rootz, the first thing you can do is raise any concerns with our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] detailing:
- Your name;
- Your contact details;
- Your registered e-mail;
- Full details of the issue that you have.
Further contact information:
c/o Data Protection Officer
Ewropa Business Centre, Level 3 - 701
Dun Karm Street
Birkirkara BKR 9034